Job Opportunity: Registered Nurse RN Associate Director Intraop:Banner Health
Registered Nurse RN Associate Director Intraop
November 15, 2020
General Nursing Primary City/State: Worland, Wyoming
Department Name: Surg-Hosp
Work Shift: Day
Job Job Category: Nursing
This position is eligible for a 10K sign-on bonus for qualified candidates!!
At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Worland is located within the Big Horn Basin and along the Big Horn River in beautiful Northwestern Wyoming. A community hub, Worland has a proud heritage of initiative, innovation and offers a wealth of recreational opportunities.
Washakie Medical Center is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse Associate Director to lead the Surgical Services department in Worland, Wyoming. Washakie Medical Center is an 18-bed critical access facility. When you join the team at WMC, you will get to work with a nursing staff that is committed to providing quality patient and family centered care to the local community.
Should you have any questions, Contact Us by Debbie Hoekstra at email@example.com or call 970-810-6347.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
With a 50-year tradition of quality caring, Washakie Medical Center in Worland, Wyo. is a 18-bed critical access hospital with "big city" capabilities. This includes a 64-slice CT scanner, 3D tomosynthesis mammography, 1.5 tesla MRI, Ultrasound, fluro, electronic medical records and a full service, state-of-the-art lab. Our trauma ED is staffed with full-time physicians and our surgery services include 24/7 CRNA coverage including OB epidurals, two general surgeons, orthopedic surgery, and ambulatory treatment. In addition, we provide a variety of wellness activities and feature an active rehab department.
This position provides 24 hour managerial and clinical support to patients and staff. Uses depth and breadth of clinical management knowledge to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and cost effective patient care. Demonstrates clinical skills and supervises the leadership abilities of clinical, financial, and personnel management of the assigned areas.
1. Manages and facilitates patient centered nursing care for designated patient populations by serving as a real-time clinical expert for unit staff and physicians for escalated problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues. Manages the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management and resource utilization.
2. Leads change by developing, implementing and evaluating quality and process improvement initiatives of the department in conjunction with the director. Seeks and utilizes input from staff and supervises change implementation. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
3. Facilitates communication of system, regional, facility and department initiatives.
4. Manages and develops the operational and capital budgets and use of connected resources.
5. Assures the development of staff leadership abilities through the design of effective shared leadership abilities models and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a function model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership abilities through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
7. Manages large single unit or multiple clinical units to ensure excellent patient care. Actively develops leadership abilities of entry level nurse manager(s) while leading clinical improvement initiatives. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family.
BSN or MSN required for all new hires to the position after July 1, 2013. Incumbents in the position as of July 1, 2013 must possess their by BSN or MSN July 1, 2015.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and knowledge of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through two years of clinical management practice significant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions located on multiple variables and desired results. Must have the capability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. In LTC setting: Requires familiarity with Alzheimer's disease and developmental disabilities.
Master's degree in nursing preferred.
Additional related education and/or practice preferred.
Internal Number: R10245
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry - one life at a time. You belong here. You're excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. all over our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you're looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you'll practice a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings - from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and compensateing lifestyle options - from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stcapability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Connections working at Banner Health
More Jobs from This Employer
More Jobs Like ThisCLINICAL OPERATIONS DIRECTOR, II, PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES, DUKE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL Durham, North Carolina
Duke University Health System 1 Week Ago